- One 21oz box of brownie mix, like Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ C. Parker’s Hangover Tonic
- ¼ C. water
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ C. heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 C. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temp, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
Position an oven rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat to 350. Spray 9×13 pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. Blend together the brownie mix, eggs, vegetable oil, water, and cayenne pepper in large bowl. Beat the mixture for 1 minute using an electric mixer on medium speed. Pour batter in pan and bake until toothpick inserted about 1 inch from the edge of the baking dish comes out clean, 25-27 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool for 1 hour.
Place the cream and chocolate chips in a medium bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir until chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove the bowl from the pan and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Add the butter and cocoa powder and beat the mixture on high speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Spread buttercream over the cooled brownie layer, refrigerate until firm.
Note: You can bake these in a half sheet baking pan, only cook for 15 minutes.