Parker’s Bacon and Blue Deviled Eggs
- 2 heads garlic
- 18 large eggs
- 10 slices thick cut bacon
- 10 asparagus spears, woody stems removed
- 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- 1/4 C. plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 T. dijon mustard
- 4 T. Parker’s Hangover Tonic
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 t. smoked paprika
- 2 T. fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut tops of garlic off and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap each bulb tightly in aluminum foil, place on a sheet pan and roast for 45 to 60 mins. Cloves should be golden and caramely. Unwrap and allow to cool. This step can be done a day or two in advance.
- Hard boil your eggs. While doing this, cook bacon until crisp. Keep 1-2 teaspoons of grease in the pan and throw the asparagus in, cooking until tender. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Turn off the heat.
- Once eggs are cooled, peel and place on a paper towel. Slice off a tiny piece of the fat bottom part of the egg so it will stand up. Now slice off the top of the egg until you reveal the yolk. Dig out the yolks with a small knife, fork, or spoon. Try to be a gentle as possible.
- Add the bacon slices to a food processor and pulse until it is in crumbles. It may be paste like but that is better so it sticks to the eggs! Remove the bacon and set aside. Don’t clean out the food processor….add the egg yolks, garlic, mayo, yogurt, mustard, salt, pepper, and Parker’s plus a teaspoon or two of the bacon grease. Blend until smooth and mousse like. Put mixture into a small baggie, cut the corner, and pipe into the egg whites. Top the yolk mixture with the bacon, gently pressing so it will stick. Cut your asparagus spears in half so they will fit nicely down inside the eggs. Add blue cheese crumbles, then garnish with the fresh chopped chives and smoked paprika.